- There are no comments yet
1. Gesture "All fine!" In Iran. In Europe, the gesture, when the thumb is raised, and the other pressed against the palm of your hand, means that everything is in order, everything is fine. Be careful with this in Iran. Here, such a gesture is bilakh means an unequivocal insult. Another gesture with which Americans and Europeans must be careful, means OK, this is where the thumb and forefinger form a circle. Such a demonstration in Turkey and Brazil said that you are comparing a companion with ... Well, in general ... with the dirtiest part of the human anatomy.
2. Pat someone on the head in Thailand. In Buddhist countries, the head is considered sacred, it is the location of the soul, and touch it is offensive, even for a small child. Also, tourists should not point to someone with his finger. In Malaysia, for instance, show somewhere to the entire wrist where the thumb indicates the direction. Filipinos are using only his eyes.
4. BBQ in Argentina and gaucho costume. Some tourists abroad love to get dressed in colorful local costumes. Clothing Technology batik (thin, translucent, hand-painted fabrics. Here in Argentina is considered bad form to come to a party or a barbecue in gaucho. You simply will look ridiculous and silly.
5. Enter a Japanese temple or a house in street shoes. Concerns are not only in Japan. Everywhere in the East get ready for what you are asked to remove their shoes and headgear before entering the house. In Japan, most likely, a pair of light slippers, which can be reached from the front door to the living room. But even these slippers have to necessarily take off before you set foot on the tatami (mat red).
6. A bottle of alcohol as a gift Muslim. Islam does not allow alcohol. If Muslims and do this, we will never flaunt. Therefore, to give Muslims a bottle of cognac - not the best idea.
7. Much worse, if you come into his head to give Muslims a bottle of alcohol in a gift pack of pigskin handmade or in addition, with delicate appetizer of pork. That would be a real insult! After all, dogs and pigs in Muslim countries, are considered dirty animals.
8. Talk, or drink during the toast in Georgia and Azerbaijan. In northern Europe, Russia and the former Soviet Union, the utterance of toasts at the table - it was serious. In Russia, vodka should be drunk in one gulp. In Georgia and Azerbaijan, toast can be pronounced for an hour or even longer. But to talk or sip from the glass during a toast - was improper. In Scandinavia and Germany, clinking glasses and saying Skal or Prost, must-see into the eyes of those with whom you come in contact glasses.
9. Putting fingers in the cup for rice in Japan. The farther away from the food you keep your fingers, so sophisticated and refined considered. Sticks in any case must not cross each other, point them at people to keep them on the opposite side of a dish. The most awful thing you can do with them - is to leave them after a meal in a cup of rice standing. This is a Japanese funeral ritual: chopsticks in this position leave at the bedside of a recently deceased relative.